Wines in our Portfolio: Click Here
More about this Producer
Farm laborers were employed with typical agrarian contracts known as “farm contracts” and “share cropping”. In 1924, when the “Farmers’ co-operative for the defense of typical Chianti wine” bearing the symbol of the Black Rooster was created, Ormanni estate was managed by Vincenzo Brini and his nephew Francesco, who was the father of the present estate’s owner, Engineer Paolo. As of the beginning of the ‘60s, the latter transformed Ormanni estate in a modern farm, passing from mixed and heterogeneous cultures to specialized vineyards and olive-groves and he has little by little abandoned the estate share cropping management in favour of a more modern owner-managed business.
When Vincenzo (1780-1854), son of Angelo Brini from Carmignano, took possession of the estate called Ormanni from the name of the founder family that elected this estate as their countryside dwelling in the XIII century. The purchase by the noblewoman Donna Carlotta Lenzoni de’ Medici was executed with a bill of sale by notary Giovacchino Bacci in Florence on January 30th, 1819. As all Tuscan farms, Ormanni produced wine, olive oil, cereals, firewood and timber. There were livestock breeding, an active mill and an olive press. Alcohol was produced from strawberry trees distillation, as shown by the payment receipt of 100 lirasto the treasury for “gabelle on manufacture of alcohol” dated April 9th, 1890.
|Country of Origin
|Visit Vineyard Website