More about this Producer
Under the leadership of Giuseppe Nieri, the vineyard’s acreage increased to its current level of 55 hectares. Renewal of the cellar equipment went forward, introducing temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Small oak barrels began to appear in the Montellori cellars during the 1980’s, aiding in the creation of wines of larger complexity and greater finesse.
The villa and surrounding grounds, which constitute the historical nucleus of Montellori, were purchased in 1895 by Giuseppe Nieri, who made the decision to invest in real estate and agriculture the important profits realized in leather trade. Planting of vineyards and the production of wine were integral parts of Giuseppe Nieri’s new life and the pioneering work of purchasing and planting continued under Mario Nieri, son of Joseph. In the 40’s, the casks previously used for the fermentation of the grapes were replaced by glass lined cement tanks. Bottling of Montellori’s wine under its own name and label occurred during the 1950’s.
|Country of Origin||Italy|
|Visit Vineyard Website|